As long as there are people in organizations there will be conflict of some kind.
For many people, the word Conflict has negative connotations, therefore, at Dynamic Achievement, we ascribe a different definition and call it “Creative Tension”. Tension because there is a gap between what currently exists (i.e. what is) and what someone wants; and Creative because all Tension seeks to be resolved – and we look for creative ways of resolving that tension. We regard Creative Tension as a key driver of improved innovation and ultimately team and business performance. What is needed is the Mindset and the Skills to engage in Creative Tension and work collaboratively towards a higher goal.
This program focuses intensively on skill development and application through reinforced practice – using real life simulation exercises. Participants leave the program with the skills and the confidence to apply their learning on the job.
- Understanding how your Mindset influences your attitude towards conflict and your approach to resolving it.
- Understanding of how your personality influences the way you view and work with conflict
- Stronger relationships with others
- The skills to work collaboratively with others when there are different perspectives
- Improved ability to deal with people whom you find challenging
- A more respectful and appreciative workplace
KEY Focus Areas
- Understanding one’s own biases when approaching conflict
- The 5 modes of conflict resolution and when to use them
- The skills required to deal with conflict effectively using a co-creative
approach to goal achievement
This course is applicable to learners at all organizational levels in the organization.
1 to 2 days in class
This program is offered on-site.