Leadership Team Effectiveness
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success
Step 1Relative to your aspirational future, we will determine the strengths and weaknesses of the leadership team. We use several assessment tools and processes to assess the team’s effectiveness:
- Team Diagnostic Survey
- Belbin Team Assessment
Based on the Team Effectiveness Assessment and through discussion, together as a team we will:
- Design a plan to close the gap and goals for the team/ and each individual.
- Agree upon how performance changes will be measured.
- Determine how to manage any restraining forces that might influence the change process.
- Agree upon the next steps (activities and timing).
- Agree on all other interventions that may be needed.
STEP 3Put in place any new (team and individual) skills, leadership mindset, culture, competencies, work processes, procedures, structures and systems that are required for the leadership team to work as a high(er) performing team and thereby create a higher performing culture.
Monitoring to ensure the leadership team does not slip back into the old ways of doing things. In this phase, the focus is on monitoring how the team is coping with new methods and behaviours, providing coaching and team-building support, and recognizing their individual and collective achievements.