Negotiating for Success
If you have positional power, you can often get what you want from others. But your ability to get what you want only lasts as long as you have that power and have some form of control over others.
However, in today’s complex business environment, where we need to exert influence over and collaborate with a multitude of stakeholders, we cannot rely on positional power – because we often don’t really have any. What is needed instead is personal power: The Mindset, the skills and the ability to work with and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes with others – regardless of your position.
This program focuses intensively on skill development and application through reinforced practice – using real life simulation exercises. Participants leave the program with the skills and the confidence to apply their learning on the job.
- The skills and ability to negotiate win-win agreements with others – regardless
of your position in the organization
- Stronger relationships with all parties involved in the negotiations
- Collaborative problem solving and decision making skills
- Long term commitment to the agreements reached
- Decisions that stick because they are supported by all key stakeholders
KEY Focus Areas
- Understanding how your Mindset influences your approach to negotiations and your negotiations strategy
- Understanding your own approach to negotiations using the Thomas Kilman Model (pre-workshop assessment as it applies to negotiation style)
- The skills required to negotiate effectively
- The Negotiation for Success Model
- Co-creative problem solving skills
- Dealing with power
Individuals who are required to negotiate with and influence others in the organization.
1 to 2 days in class
This program is offered on-site.