The Vertical Manager
To be effective in today’s complex business environment, people in leadership roles need to have the skills to lead and to manage—one without the other renders the person ineffective. The Vertical Manager is our foundational program for leadership and management development. It covers the essential leadership and management skills, tools, and processes required to influence and inspire employees and team members to the highest levels of performance.
This program focuses intensively on skills development and application through reinforced practice, using real-life simulation exercises. Participants leave The Vertical Manager with the skills and the confidence to apply their learning on the job.
- A mindset for leadership excellence, which includes heightened self-awareness, self-management, social and interpersonal awareness, and relationship management
- The essential leadership and management skills, tools, processes, and techniques to lead and manage today’s diverse workforce
- A measurable plan to implement the learnings in an applied workplace project
- Improved team and organizational performance
KEY Focus Areas
- Developing a Mindset for Excellence
- Organizations can choose from a menu of skills and tools for those areas of development that are in greatest need in the business. The various components of this program are modular can be found in our Modular Programs section
- On-the-job skills application
TARGET AUDIENCEThis program is designed for all leaders (new and emerging, new to the business, and those who have not received formal education in leadership and management principles and practices) who are accountable for the performance and engagement of team members.
5 to 7 days in class. 12 month sustainment program
This program is offered on-site.